- A small engineering firm contracted with me to guide a website redesign project. With a key leader and subject matter expert in the firm, we selected the web developer, identified key messages and services; wrote and edited content with SEO in mind, and kept everyone on track. As a result of the redesign, the business added two full-time staff to the firm within one year, and will be adding more staff soon.
- A professional society hired me as its interim director while searching for a new leader. Within four months, we completed a fall conference for members, secured a $100,000 pledge from a donor, and tried out a new content strategy for a new e-newsletter. I continue to work with this organization to generate revenue.
- A membership organization asked me to create a promotions campaign for an industry product. The strategy had a media relations component. Another writer and I wrote case studies and blog posts, and shared those with about 40 reporters and editors. Three editors wrote about it on their editorial pages, and others included industry facts in their news stories.
- An association tapped into my radio background, contracting with me to facilitate webinars for members. I interacted with the subject matter experts, wrote marketing information, and kept everything on track and on time, both before and during the webinar. This freed up the director of training so she could concentrate on developing new programs.
I’ve been a business owner for 12 years and understand the demands, risks and rewards of bringing a company to life. The trick is to sustain and grow your business, and you may be at a point where you realize you can’t do this on your own. It is very frustrating to look into the future and realize you don’t have enough capacity to make it happen.
Spark Plug Consulting is created for business owners who
• are known as experts in their fields,
• provide clear value for their clients, and
• operate with integrity
• are self-aware enough to acknowledge they’re not experts at everything.
I communicate your expertise clearly, consistently and efficiently so potential clients discover and contact you for help.
Please contact me to learn more about Spark Plug Consulting’s services. We may be just the right fit!